After Twelve Years, I'm Blogging Again
I know it’s been more than a decade since I last posted here, and it’s kind of a good thing that Blogspot is free. I can simply park my blog and come back after twelve years without paying anything.
Social media got my attention—that was the reason I stopped updating this blog.
There was microblogging on Twitter, now called X, and photo sharing on Instagram. Everyone was on Facebook, so I thought it would be better to just post there.
It was a happy experience. Was.
Then everyone became a critic. Some became “feeling journalists.” You could no longer post about just anything without being judged, misunderstood, or bullied one way or another.
And then came AI.
Suddenly, everyone was writing polished essays about everything. Everyone became a poet, a storyteller, and an expert capable of explaining life in perfectly constructed paragraphs.
I’m not totally against AI. I use it, too. It can help organize thoughts, correct grammar, and give you a little push when the right words refuse to come. But when people allow it to speak entirely for them, something personal gets lost.
The words may sound impressive, but sometimes you can no longer feel the person behind them.
Everything begins to sound too polished, too carefully arranged, and strangely familiar. The sentences are beautiful, but whose thoughts are they? Whose voice are we actually hearing?
Maybe that is why I found myself returning here.
Blogging feels different. It reminds me of a time when people wrote not because they wanted to go viral, impress an algorithm, or prove that they knew everything. We wrote because we had something to say—or because we simply wanted to remember a particular day.
Our posts were not always polished. Sometimes they were too long. Sometimes the photos were blurry, the grammar was questionable, and the layout looked terrible. But they were ours.
There was something honest about that imperfection.
I don’t know how often I’ll update this blog. I am not making any promises. After all, it took me twelve years to return. But perhaps this can once again become a quiet corner where I can write without worrying too much about reactions, reach, or engagement.
A place where I can talk about ordinary days, old memories, random thoughts, and the small things that social media tells us are not interesting enough to share.
This is not a grand comeback. There will be no dramatic announcement or carefully planned content calendar.
I’m simply writing here again.
And after twelve years, that feels like a good enough beginning.
Comments