The 17th Panagbenga Festival is on! Haven't actually been there to witness the festivities but I remember being in Baguio on the way to Mt. Pulag during one of the parades last year and city really bustling with tourists.
Here's the schedule of activities to guide you. You can perhaps reserve accommodations in advance so you won't be sleeping at the bus station (which we are planning to do).
- Panagbenga Opening Parade – February 1, 2012
- Market Encounter – February 1 – March 4, 2012
- Let a Thousand Flowers Bloom – February 11, 2012
- Handog ng Panagbenga sa Baguio – February 12, 2012
- Fluvial Float Parade – February 12, 2012
- Ipitik Festival – February 19 – 26, 2012
- Grand Street Dancing Parade – February 25, 2012
- Grand Float Parade – February 26, 2012
- Session Road in Bloom – February 27 To March 4, 2012
- Pony Boy’s Day – March 2, 2012
- Panagbenga Closing Ceremonies and Grand Fireworks Display – March 4, 2012
I especially want to witness the famous float parade. But that's 2 days before Valentine's. I'm sure it'll be hard to find a travel buddy. My young friends would surely be saving their baon for a date. LoL!