i love my mom

I have long ago wondered about Muslim wives - how they feel about sharing a house with the other wives, sharing their husband's income, not to mention sharing the love, attention and bedtime hours of their man.

As having no Muslim friend, i just resigned to thinking that they no longer find it far-out since it's part of their culture; that growing up with something disgusting will not make you realize its disgust, therefore embracing it, loving it as something wonderful. Very much like the Roman Catholics with their idolatry.

Even a forum post about Muslims read:
"This disgusting to most woman, but not to muslim wives, they enjoy love making to husband with sex organ that is soiled and unclean after doing sex on his other wifes. This seem unclean and vile. Or is this just super sexy time for all wifes and one husband?"

But then a tv documentary on Muslim wives 2 nights ago changed my views. Not one of the interviewed women was happy about sharing husbands - the financial hardships, the jealousy among the wives... A Muslim man even admitted that it was normal to have a favorite among the wives. Such cruelty on mothers, don't you think?

Reminds me of my mom when she found out about my father's mistress. She was shattered it almost ruined her; almost ruined us. But when something happened to the mistress and my step-brother was left unattended in my father's office, my mom was ever so kind to bring my step-bro to our house. He only stayed for the day, though, but the idea of my mom bringing home a child of my father with another woman is so noble for me. She was crying at that time but her good heart remained for a helpless child. I guess that's the case with the Muslim wives - they don't like it but cannot do anything about it - especially when they are born and have been prepared with the idea of being just one of the many wives.

0 comments :: i love my mom

Related Posts with Thumbnails