the trouble with hello is goodbye

I am the favorite shock absorber of my friends. And the ones who frequently talk to me are those suffering from heartaches. I am no Joe D Mango or Ate Charo but they seem to enjoy talking to me when they're sad. I seem to brighten up their days. And they prefer texting/calling me than our other friends. Maybe because I always side with them. And I don't slap them in the face with what their faults are until I know they are ready to face them.

But I wasn't prepared with what my friend confided in me this evening - his girlfriend migrated to Australia. He was so sad. And told me the airport story of how his girlfriend cried while leaving. This is a teenage love story, where the family has to migrate somewhere and the girl can't do anything about leaving her sweetheart behind. I was lost for words while my friend was telling me this. Because I'm also not good with this kind of goodbye. It's easier to leave someone after some falling out, but leaving someone just because you have to is a different story. Just like how that old love song goes - the trouble with hello is goodbye. *sigh*

1 comments :: the trouble with hello is goodbye

  1. Maybe because I always side with them. And I don't slap them in the face with what their faults are until I know they are ready to face them.

    i second to this! maybe because you are such a good listener and a loyal friend too that you would eagerly join us while we kill an ex boyfriend or so in our minds! hehe.

    i miss you and mean na! =)

Related Posts with Thumbnails