Mobile Harassment

I keep two cellular phones, each with a different service provider so I can keep in touch with all my friends easily regardless of the service they use (good thing my circle of friends are only either Globe or Smart subscribers, or I would have a cellphone for every single service).

I haven't been using much of my Globe phone for quite some time. All my "Globe" friends seem to shy away from texting all of a sudden. All of them but one. And such a tremendous texter this one is. I would leave my Globe unattended for 2 days and when I check it, it would be full of his messages. His messages include:

  1. good morning;
  2. good afternoon;
  3. good evening;
  4. still awake?;
  5. eat well (during meal times);
  6. take care (anytime he feels concern); and
  7. goodnight.
I know he sends his messages using the send-to-list option of his phone, and I was flattered at first that he included me in the list of friends he wanted to greet frequently. But then it's getting so annoyingly frequent. It's okay if his messages are of some importance or it's more tolerable if he really wants to start a "conversation". But the funny thing is, when I reply to his messages (I did during the first few days of receiving those "general messages"), he won't reply back. So it's like:

friend: good morning
me: good morning. how r u?
friend: (after a few hours) eat well

Sometimes, buying a phone with a filter feature crosses my mind. That's how annoying he gets.

0 comments :: Mobile Harassment

Related Posts with Thumbnails