NKOTB


The very first concert I saw was New Kids On The Block's at the football field of the Rizal Memorial Sports Complex in 1992. I wasn't a big fan, but a fan nonetheless. I remember (unsuccessfully) trying very hard to reach Joey McIntyre's high notes and trying to look disheveled like Donnie Wahlberg. I also remember wondering why Jonathan Knight and Danny Wood don't have solo pieces, or if they did, why didn't it become as popular as the other three's.

I liked them. But it was something I could not tell my friends. It was the time when everyone was in the band scene. Eraserheads and the other sensible bands of the music industry aside from The Dawn seem to be from that period. Everyone was trying to learn how to play the guitar. My father bought me one, actually, to the delight of my brother. I never wanted to play the guitar until much recently that I even enrolled myself in a classical guitar course.

I also liked Eraserheads but my fondness came much much later when they weren't that "hot" anymore. I don't know but it seems that I don't like to be part of the norm. Just like how I digged NKOTB even if I knew my friends would have laughed at me if they found out.

New Kids On The Block is having a reunion tour, by the way. And that is why I am now reunited with the fandom. They're all grown up. The youngest of the group (Joey) is now 35. Not too old. I'm sure they can still do their old stuff. Would Manila be in their destination list? Hope so.

***

I was only able to watch the latter part of Good Times. Darn. I hope some good soul would post it on YouTube. And speaking of YouTube, what's this AT&T thing about the internet reaching full capacity by 2010? I was sad (really sad) when I read the article. They say that the current system won't be able to cope with the increasing amount of videos being uploaded. Blaming YouTube? Uhh, many people guess it's just their way of saying they should charge more. Or perhaps it's a strategy to "regulate" internet use. Too much freedom of expression?

0 comments :: NKOTB

Related Posts with Thumbnails