Bad (Sector) Dreams

After a long day of formatting hard disks and reinstalling MS Windows, I had a "techy" dream Friday night. According to my dream, one of my hard disks has 6 bad sectors. I woke up feeling a little worried. Having bad sectors means another day of delay. Luckily, I don't have any malfunctioning hard disks. I mean they only have viruses but they're again back to normal after the format. Such tedious job it is.

What are dreams anyway? I remember buying this paperback edition of dream interpretation thingie during high school. I never learned anything, anyway. But my Friday night dream got me a little interested in the subject again. And according to Wikipedia:

Eugen Tarnow suggests that dreams are ever-present excitations of long-term memory, even during waking life. The strangeness of dreams is due to the format of long-term memory, reminiscent of Penfield & Rasmussen’s findings that electrical excitations of the cortex give rise to experiences similar to dreams. During waking life an executive function interprets long term memory consistent with reality checking. Tarnow's theory is a reworking of Freud's theory of dreams in which Freud's unconscious is replaced with the long-term memory system and Freud's “Dream Work” describes the structure of long-term memory.

Well, perhaps.

0 comments :: Bad (Sector) Dreams

Related Posts with Thumbnails