PLDT

Sucks.

I was without internet connection from August 29, 8:05 PM to August 31, 9:40 AM. And I realized it's so hard to live without something you have gotten so used to.

I don't know but I felt quite relieved (and happy?) that I'm not the only one who was having troubles with PLDT during that time. Yesterday at 1 pm, I went to a pre-arranged meeting with my ortho and I commented about my internet connection. And I learned he didn't have internet connection either, as well as the internet cafes near his clinic.

I called PLDT helpdesk immediately after I was disconnected August 29. The call agent went into procedures of getting info about me and told me my trouble would immediately be forwarded to their technical team. I asked her if other subscribers in my area were experiencing the same thing but she said I was the only one who called about a trouble. I called the helpdesk again that night at about 11:30 PM to follow up my report and I was informed that the trouble was on their end. There was an advisory of some sort given to them by their technical team that a restoration thing was being done somewhere near my area. I wished the first call agent I talked to knew and informed me about it. I shouldn't have gotten into the trouble of checking my router, wires, and doing a stand-alone server. Funny thing was, a PLDT tech went to my place yesterday morning to check on my connection. It seemed he had no idea they were having a restoration thing going on and that the trouble wasn't on my end. He then proceeded to replacing my modem with a newer (and smaller) model. He called Datanet (which I believe is their tech department) and talked to people to check my connection (and I assume the people he talked to didn't know about their network trouble because had they known, they wouldn't bother to check on my individual connection and in turn advised the tech at my house about it). He left my place with no luck. I still didn't have a net connection, but my modem was replaced. This morning my mom woke me up. The PLDT tech from yesterday was at the door, my old modem in hand. His supervisor somehow got mad at him for replacing my modem. Through his harsh voice, he narrated the story of how his boss told him they were having network troubles and that my connection will not be fixed no matter how many times he changed my modem.

Now I have my old modem back. ZTE. A model I was told (by the tech) that they had phased out long ago. But my connection's okay. That's the only thing that matters.

Internet provider. Communication. It seems that the PLDT staff's communication is experiencing so much lag.

0 comments :: PLDT

Related Posts with Thumbnails