Revelation

I just saw Myx's feature on Arnel Pineda with the Journey. I didn't realize he's really that good until now. And I mean he's really, really good. Galing ng vocals. To think that he used to collect bottles, newspapers and stuff for a living when he was young. Now I really wonder if you should suffer (really suffer) first before you become super successful. And if you became successful without suffering first, would you suffer later in life? If that's the case, I'd prefer to be just average. LOL!

For years, Arnel Pineda used to perform with his band in Hong Kong. And he sang the original "Running Away" which was revived by Erik Santos, the dyosa. Tapos he did a song with South Border - "Looking Glass." I really wonder why I didn't know him LOL! Perhaps it's the genre. And he's 41 years old. Perhaps he reached his peak in the local scene when I was still on nursery rhymes...? Haha kidding.

Revelation, the very first Journey album with Arnel Pineda on vocals, is still out in the market. Go buy one. Even just to support Arnel. I'll buy one when I go to the mall. I just don't know if I'd play it.

Anyway I found his 1999 self-titled solo album cover:


the hair should match the shirt

He looks like Phillip Lazaro...

phillip lazaro/flickr

0 comments :: Revelation

Related Posts with Thumbnails