Revisiting Kamay ni Hesus

As a side trip to our Pahiyas Festival 2012 trip, I took K to Kamay ni Hesus. I had been there two years ago but it’s always a good thing to come back and be a tour guide to a friend.

DSC_0669

It was the middle of the day, the sun was shining oh-so-brightly and I was feeling like fainting. We’re so used to climbing mountains at that level of heat, but it’s really different when you’re up several MASL than when you’re enduring heat in the lowlands.

The Noah’s Ark was still under construction when I first visited the place but it was all done now and being used as a retreat house.

DSC_0619

We didn’t have any tripod and it was a good thing someone asked me for a favor of having their group photo taken. I also asked her to do the same for K and I at the doorstep of Noah’s Ark.

DSC_0627b

Despite the heat, we proceeded in climbing the steps towards the Ascending Christ, which is the third biggest in the world.

We passed by stations of the cross along the way but we didn’t pause to pray due to the scorching heat. Climbing the steps at that temperature was sacrifice enough, really.

And as a self-confessed photog wannabe, I took assuming shots. LoL! I kinda played around with  Photoshop so forgive me for the pics if you didn’t like them.

 DSC_0641 DSC_0648 DSC_0644DSC_0649 DSC_0652 DSC_0664 DSC_0678 DSC_0665 DSC_0679 DSC_0628 DSC_0620 DSC_0623 DSC_0629 DSC_0658 DSC_0667 DSC_0675 DSC_0698

Follow me on Facebook and Twitter.

0 comments :: Revisiting Kamay ni Hesus

Related Posts with Thumbnails