Boxes

I felt so sleepy yesterday afternoon that despite my workload, I locked myself in my niece's bedroom to take a nap.

It was my old bedroom but it became too small for me I decided to move to a bigger one. Most of my old stuff are still there, like my old clothes in the closet and my big office table that my niece is now using. Lying on the bed, I could see the small shelf built under the table where I used to store the gift boxes I accumulated from Christmas and birthday presents over the years.

I remember how I loved boxes. They keep me organized especially during the time I got hooked into cross-stitching. My DMC's were actually stored in those boxes in chronological order. And the boxes were labeled with the range of DMC number they contained.

The box labels were still visible from the bed.

Ah, I miss those times when my day wasn't divided into tasks; when I woke up in the morning unhurriedly and spend the whole day organizing my room, reading a book, or doing carpentry projects I would find on DIY magazines.

But then I guess those days are over. Well unless I'm so rich I can just stay at home the whole day without working.

Seeing those boxes, though, made me want to try cross-stitching again.

0 comments :: Boxes

Related Posts with Thumbnails