RH Bill attends Simbang Gabi

Simbang Gabi started today (last night for others) and I forced myself to sleep at 1:00am (I usually sleep at 3) so I could catch some before attending the 5:30am mass. I really wanted to attend the 4:00am service but that would mean I wouldn’t sleep at all.

Anyway, I found the second service less chaotic because there were fewer people. I remember completing the 4:00am masses two years ago and the experience was almost like Pulp Summer Slam.

The service this morning went smoothly aside from a noisy mother at my left who was having her own homily to her young son, but I took care of the situation by staring at her. She went quiet after my second stare.

Towards the end of the Holy Communion, the advertisements were read. I actually prayed (having just received the Blessed Sacrament) while half-hearing notices about the second collection and the Belen that needs to be completed before the 24th and so on.

When the priest stood up, I thought he was gonna give his final blessings already so I also stood up, only to hear him say, “Please remain seated.” LoL! So I sat again.

He also had some advertisements pala, like the book the parish was selling as well as a compact disc collection of songs sung by the parish priests and more. What surprised me, though, was when he said he was going to read a letter from the CBCP regarding the RH Bill.

Huwatt?

I wanted to stand and be rude. To leave the church as a sign of protest that I really don’t approve of the church getting into political issues; that I don’t approve of how they seem to influence the views of the people regarding RH Bill and the likes.

But, I never left a mass before the final blessing. It’s something that Nanay (who’s now a born-again Christian) has taught me way back.

So I just sat there, thinking of unholy thoughts while being forced to listen to something I’d rather not; while the priest talked about premarital sex and how contraceptives would readily be available and free for even minors at the local health clinics.

Anyone can actually go on and on talking about the connection of free condoms to premarital sex but still, what’s more important are the core values these kids learn in their homes. It’s really how parents raise their kids that would matter and not if contraceptives are free or not.

Because come on, magkano lang ba ang condom?

Anyway, I hope RH Bill wouldn’t be a permanent topic in the remaining 8 masses of Simbang Gabi. If it would be, I pray that I will be able to stop myself from walking out while the priest is still talking.

Tomorrow is the third reading of the RH Bill. And tomorrow morning at mass, I will pray that there will be less street children, less kids with grumbling stomachs, less kids who can’t go to school; I will pray for the success of RH Bill’s approval.

Follow me on Facebook and Twitter.

0 comments :: RH Bill attends Simbang Gabi

Related Posts with Thumbnails