Net Problem Part 2

I didn’t know PLDT technicians work on weekends and holidays. I filed another ticket on the technical hotline last Saturday due to a very high latency and very low upload speed. Imagine getting a ping of 353 ms in their very own server and 20 kbps upload rate! My download rate was at a normal speed of 2.2 mbps, but with a high ping and low upload speed, a fast download speed is useless.

pldt van2

Since it’s a public holiday today, I wasn’t expecting a tech to visit me. But come 10:30-ish, the kindest of technicians, Mr. Mandy Moore, arrived. He told me he wanted to change all the phone cables from the box outside the house, up to the dsl splitter. He said the problem might have been due to the wires which was installed some 17 years ago. I agreed to the suggestion and he started to work immediately. It took him no more than thirty minutes to finish the job. He’s really so kind he was even telling jokes while working. He didn’t even utter a word of complaint on the hot weather despite his evident sweating.

My connection’s better now. Although my normally below 20 latency has become 39-40-ish. Okay lang. Bearable naman. At least my life’s now back to normal. Thanks Mandy.

0 comments :: Net Problem Part 2

Related Posts with Thumbnails