Say It

I found myself crying while watching the local news over dinner. The family in Marikina that was swept by the flood with the roof that they stepped on for safety really touched my emotions.

Imagine being helpless with your family members while on a roof that is being dragged by flood waters. The strong current took the roof to pass under a bridge, and reaching the other side, you found out your wife and 2 kids weren't by your side anymore.

It's such a tragedy for those living in Marikina, Cainta, and Pasig. Other places also experienced the wrath of Ondoy but nothing close to what happened to these three municipalities.
rescuing the shih-tzusI'm so lucky I live in a not-so-prone-to-flood area. And I'm so lucky that no one among my loved ones experienced anything bad but a brownout.

I guess the greatest lesson Typhoon Ondoy gives us is to make us realize how temporary everything is, and how we can lost all our earthly possessions in just a blink of an eye. It also shows us that we can lose our loved ones anytime, anyday, without a warning.

Spread the love, be vocal about it. Let the people you love know how much you love them. Before it's too late.

-photo via ohlalamag.com

0 comments :: Say It

Related Posts with Thumbnails