Can't Get Enough Atonement

Atonement reminds me of so many things. It reminds me of my high school library and the librarian who wouldn't let me borrow historical romance paperbacks until I was in the third year; of the Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys mystery series (the old hard bound ones) which occupied my time while I was still not "legal" to read historical romances in school (my parents let me, though, so I have lots of them in my bedroom); of Joy Vivian who has the same passion for historical romances as i have and who raced with me in sweeping through all the Nancy Drew/Hardy Boys books available at our library... It just feels good to be swept back in time.

I have such great(wild) imagination that I usually get lost in a book I am reading. As with historical romance books, they take me to places and time I won't be able to go to, to a time where (I think) it is good to be just an observer than be a part of. And I've been an observer of "the past" since I was thirteen.

Atonement isn't set to as far back a time as my most loved historical romances, but the air is there, the sexually charged atmosphere, the unfulfilled passion...


Perhaps I should get a new Karen Robards this week.

0 comments :: Can't Get Enough Atonement

Related Posts with Thumbnails