Pain or More Pain?

The heart and mind don't really forget. The intensity of the feeling just lightens and (in case of bad/sad memories) the pain becomes bearable, but it never goes away. Sometimes, the pain becomes bearable just because we become so used to it. Not that getting used to it lessens the pain, it just makes the pain bearable.

Just recently I was faced with a situation where I had to choose between (1) pain and (2) more pain. The first option will give me pain immediately after making the decision, while the second one will let me be happy for a while (only God knows how long that while is) before giving me tremendous heartache. Number 2 is very tricky, too, for there's a 20% chance that it would give me not pain but happiness. The other 80%, though, is sure pain. If I have the strongest faith in the world and I know how to practice the Law of Attraction so it would really 100% work on me, then perhaps I would have chosen number 2. But then I'm the melodramatic type of person. I like to think of life's dramas when I'm in an emotional mood, and with it comes the drama of breakups and heartaches. Law of Attraction will surely not work on me in a positive way on the situation.

I didn't really have to make the decision right away. I even had an option to prolong the decision-making, likewise prolonging my heart's bliss. But reality told me that the more I give in to the bliss, the more painful it will become. And so I made the decision of putting an end to the drama the first of this month. I chose number 1. Number 2 just won't do for me. I hate playing "what if's".

0 comments :: Pain or More Pain?

Related Posts with Thumbnails