The Swan Song

I just hope Ramiele Malubay makes it to at least the top 5. As Simon puts it, she's among the top 3 singers in the competition, vocal wise. But the competition is also about performance and connection with the audience. I don't know what rank she lands on with that.

Singing the swan song really makes me admire those contestants being voted out. If I were the contestant whose name was announced, well unless I was told beforehand that it was me, I don't really think I would be able to open my mouth to make a sound even close to singing. I would just be frozen right there at the center of the stage. Frozen until I could finally form the words cursing those who didn't vote for me.

So rude of me. But I don't think I can handle the hurt in that short span of time after my name was announced until before they make me sing for the last time on the contest stage. What's the purpose anyway? What if the voice breaks out due to the tension of being voted out? Isn't it putting more embarrassment on the voted-out contestant? Talking about rubbing it in.

0 comments :: The Swan Song

Related Posts with Thumbnails