Pegasus

I love using notepads, even if it means that my work won't be saved if someone accidentally closed it or the computer suddenly restarted or the electricity failed. Notepad is so basic, so simple, not to mention it's the word processor that opens the fastest.

But something happened last night I thought I won't be able to use the notepad unless I reinstall windows. Notepad automatically minimizes itself to the taskbar split second after opening it. I restarted the computer a couple of times, restored it to a point three days back (it wasn't like that a day or two ago but I chose to restore it three days back just to make sure), scanned it with my resident virus scanner, but nothing happened. And then I thought it wasn't a virus because all it did was to minimize my notepads. Would someone make a virus just for minimizing notepads? I don't even think that much people are fond of using notepads. So is the virus intended just for me? Hahaha.

And then I found this (notepad icons really catch my eyes) lonely notepad icon at the root directory of my computer filenamed Pegasus. Funny but I won't save anything at the root directory; my niece won't either. So I started googling the word pegasus. What's hilarious is that my web browser closes itself at the word "pegasus". It won't close if I typed any other word. Just pegasus. Solution: use another computer and search for pegasus. That did the job. And pegasus is really a virus. I found out it even changed the details in the "Registered to" field of my computer. It changed my name to "Black Pegasus" typed in ascii characters.

Again, I would like to thank google for being ever helpful. I found out a downloadable batch file made by someone nicknamed "nokie". And if your notepads minimizes by itself or if you're some horny male looking for the club pegasus's website and your browser suddenly closes, chances are you have the virus. Here's the filefront link to the batch file: http://hosted.filefront.com/nokie/. Download the file Kill_Pegasus.zip.

1 comments :: Pegasus

  1. my gad. the notepad is also my bestfriend. haha. it's like the second home ofmy blog posts (first would be the semagic livejournal client of course).

    anyway, i guess i really have to look out for that notepad-annihilating-virus. lol.

Related Posts with Thumbnails