Tired of (Pet) Food


Princess in carrier
Due to prolonged inappetite, I brought Princess to the vet last Thursday. I was supposed to just wait for her scheduled deworming visit on the 19th but she practically didn't eat anything the whole Wednesday so there. The vet checked her vital signs (or whatever they call it with animals) and there wasn't anything wrong so instead of going hysterical and have a blood test, she decided to just give Princess some prescription diet first but instructed me to keep her posted in the first two days. Thing was, should Princess not eat the said diet, we had to test her for liver and kidney disease already. I fed her a portion of this canned food (which has a texture and smell of a liver spread) immediately upon arriving home. Lo and behold! she finished two spoonfuls in no more than 20 seconds. I gave her the usual Pedigree pellets next, this time coated with the "liver spread" which costs 110 per can the size of which is similar to that of a small bear brand sterilized milk. I wasn't surprised when she finished the dog food I gave her. She's into her second and last can of "liver spread" now. I just hope she'd eat her normal food again after this can.

So Princess just got tired of her food. I have to be "creative" with her meals, then. I'm considering enrolling in a culinary (for dog food creativity) course. LOL. On calling the vet, she said I can give Princess a quick bath tomorrow.

And I bought the carrier during our vet visit. Costs 1.5k. It was an effort putting her in the first time. She still resisted during the "photoshoot" but not as much. She'll get used to it in time =)






0 comments :: Tired of (Pet) Food

Related Posts with Thumbnails