Too Much Of Something

I've been playing Rohan Online a lot lately, but I'm not really a fast leveler. Even in the previous MMORPGs that I've played, I always seem to be left behind by other players who started playing at the same time as I did. My inability to stay on a single task for long, straight periods causes that. I just can't sit in like 4 or 5 straight hours just playing an online game. I have to move. I have to divert. But then eventually, I would beat most of them in levelling up - which can be attributed to my having a sense of continuity. I may not be able to play for long straight hours, but I don't get tired of a game so easily I play regularly even just for short periods. Perhaps the opposite of that becomes the problem of other players. They play for long periods, everyday for the next two or three weeks, grinding and farming with the goal of being the strongest. Until they begin to grow physically exhausted and tired of the game they will stop playing for a while. But of course they will go back. And by the time they go back, they still want to play but have lost the drive to level up much. By that time, though, I am at level with their characters and still have the zest to play. The same can be said in relationships, and I speak from personal experiences. I used to have a boyfriend named Jun who was also a block mate. We sat in class together, ate together, went to parties together... It was good at the first few weeks but it started limiting things I can do in school only to the things that we can both do together. Not to mention the after-dinner phone calls which lasted for more than an hour at the least. I loved him but my inner being wanted to get out of the relationship. I wanted to do other things aside from the ones that we did together, to explore, to befriend other people. I guess it was a mutual feeling of intoxication that our relationship didn't even see the finals of that semester. And it taught me not to go into a relationship with a block mate again. And I haven't. So you see, too much of something is not good at all. You don't wanna get tired of someone you really love, do you? Let's not overindulge all at once. Take things as they come, slowly, a little bite at a time.

0 comments :: Too Much Of Something

Related Posts with Thumbnails