A Not-So-Pleasant Taxi Experience

Going to Bonifacio Global City from the south is no easy thing, especially when you have to commute at noontime, enduring 32 – 33 degrees of hot weather.

On the way to Global City, I had to do some errands in SM Bicutan. I thought dropping by the mall would be great because it’s easier to hire a cab in malls. I also texted my friends who went with me to the Level Up! event to just meet me at  the mall’s taxi bay.

Little did I know that I would have a little problem hiring a cab that day.

100_0470 
I thought this sign is big and clear enough, not to mention written in Tagalog, to be understood by anyone who knows how to read.

But then again, no.

100_0471 
Because this guard doesn’t know how to follow instructions written in big letters in front of him.

We waited in line for about 45 minutes to get a cab. When our turn finally came, the cab driver refused to convey by shaking his head when he learned of our destination (Market Market). In normal situations, the guard would make the taxi leave upon refusal to convey. But this guard instead let the one next in line to ride the said cab upon knowing that the driver didn’t wanna go to our destination.

This guard
effing guard 
prolly didn’t understand the meaning of the 3rd reminder written in big letters on that board in front of him.

number 3 

A big difference, though, when we took a cab at the Market Market taxi bay to go home. The line was so organized and taxi drivers wouldn’t demand to know your destination before they open the door. The guards also give out leaflets where you can write your complaints about your taxi experience.

No wonder Market Market is always so busy with shoppers and mall goers. Judging by our taxi experience, I’m kinda sure Market Market is more concerned  with their customers than the other malls around.

I don’t know about other SM malls but I think SM Bicutan mall admin can learn a thing or two with how Market Market takes care of their mall goers.

0 comments :: A Not-So-Pleasant Taxi Experience

Related Posts with Thumbnails