Vet Visit

princess jul 13 watermarked
I brought Princess to the vet last Monday to have her teeth checked and to talk to the vet as well about the dreaded sedation. Since it’s a new vet (Dr. Djoanne Quinto already resigned from Animal House and is now based in Batangas), I brought with me Princess’s vet card (but I guess it’s useless cuz it’s not updated LOL!; the clinic actually has the updated record).

I gave the card to the secretary and I saw her hand it to the vet. The secretary also gave the vet their own record of Princess so she could update our card. We were brought inside the clinic and I proceeded to discuss stuff. She told me they also don’t sedate dogs as much as possible, and in Princess’s case, she agreed not to  have her sedated. I really felt relieved. I guess they only sedate dogs they cannot handle.

princess nails watermarked

I also had Princess’s nails and “behind” hairs trimmed. I discussed her current state of (bad) appetite, etc. etc. Funny thing was, when I asked her to look at Princess’s record to check the next scheduled vaccination, the new vet told me we had 2 overdue vaccines (CV and CF), plus deworming. I almost agreed to have those shots that day but then I remembered I cannot give my dog a bath for a week after the shots. So I bailed cuz it’s her bath sched the day after that. I just told the vet to have the vaccines done next week, together with the dental prophylaxis.

(I would later thank my vanity for saving money, and perhaps Princess’s health.)

We’re on our way home when CV and CF passed through my mind. I was kinda sure Dr. Quinto already gave it last month. And overdue shots? How could we possibly have overdue vaccines when we’re at the vet almost every month! It’s not recorded, though, on our vet card cuz I wasn’t able to bring it last month. And it's still not recorded cuz the new vet didn't update our card!

Upon arriving home, I took out my big Tupperware box where I put my receipts. I searched for last month’s vet receipt and voila! those shots and the deworming were there! I immediately called the secretary to have the new vet informed.

Had I agreed to have those vaccines administered last Monday, oh lo! I would have spent precious money to something I already paid for last month. And isn’t it bad for dogs to have annual vaccines given twice on the same year for two consecutive months?

Buti na lang I preferred baths over those vaccines. LOL!

But look at these cute toy dog stuff they have over at Animal House (SM Bicutan):

doggie bag watermarked
Carrier: Php900

doggie bed watermarked
Bed: Php1500

I really wanted to buy this cute bed but the color turned me off. It’s dry clean material daw. Buying this bed on this color will make me have trips to the dry cleaner every other day. I’m kinda sure Princess would love to chew her biscuits on this one.

0 comments :: Vet Visit

Related Posts with Thumbnails