2012


I watched 2012 yesterday with JP, my movie buddy for years now. Good thing it's his day-off cuz I was really dying to watch and I'm not used to going alone to the movies anymore. I must admit going to the movies alone is quite an adventure but I'm so past that stage already.

I was actually wondering why he wasn't texting me about watching 2012 when I have read good reviews about it. You see, we only see good movies and/or blockbusters together. I eventually learned that his brother who watched 2012 on it's 2nd day gave a bad feedback, so he thought against watching it.

But his brother was proven wrong. The movie was so fast-paced and kept us on the edge almost all throughout. JP specifically loved Lilly (Morgan Lily) cuz she reminded him of the young Dakota. The scene where Jackson (John Cusack) was driving the limo with his family towards the airport to escape the  chaos that seemed to be following them was a blast. It was GTA-on-doomsday.

Another thing to love in this movie is the Japanese Chin (?) named Caesar. I'm not actually sure if he's a Jap Chin or a Pekingese but he looked more like the former. As a pet lover, I'm so relieved that they didn't kill him in the story. But his human did. Actually, those with "unclear conscience" actually died. Well, not all. But the Russian Yuri and his girlfriend Tamara (Caesar's human), plus Sasha the pilot whom Tamara had indecent affair with all died.

When all thought it was a spaceship they were building to save humanity, I thought wow, was this inspired by Wall-E? LOL! But the minute I saw a giraffe and an elephant suspended in helicopters towards the "spaceships," I knew it was a modern version of the Bible's great flood. And it was confirmed when the spaceships turned out to be just ships. But a very high-tech one at that.

One more thing: Osric Chau, the actor who played the Chinese named Nima, is very Jay R (the singer) and a little like Paolo Abrera. LOL! Can't help but notice.

It's almost 2009. What can I possibly do to come up with a 1 billion euro before 2012? LOL! I guess people like me should just embrace what's to come. After all, no one really knows when the end of world will be.

Or is it ending now?

0 comments :: 2012

Related Posts with Thumbnails