Meralco! Yay!

The howling of the wind made me stop working last night. I decided to go to bed at the height of Typhoon Santi. And then electricity was cut - if it's preventive measure or something caused by line trouble, I have no idea.

I slept soundly until I heard my mom loudly praying for the storm to stop. The wind on top of our roof was really crazy. Even my niece's plants fell from their pasimano, breaking the pots. My dog Wendy didn't wanna be left at the kitchen. She kept on whimpering everytime that we decided to bring her to mom's room for company.

The other dog, Beauty, stayed at the kitchen. She's almost as nonchalant as my Shih-Tzu Princess to whatever's happening around her.

The weather was okay mid-morning till about mid-afternoon. By that time, it started to become gloomy again, with a little bit of rain and wind.

I was so restless the whole day. Being idle really isn't for me. I've cleaned my room, uncluttered my desk, counted all the coins scattered inside my messenger bag, searched for the missing Meralco statement, etc. I was thinking of going to the mall to watch This Is It but i decided against it. I couldn't leave my mom alone in the so unpredictable weather. Then I remembered I haven't touched on the New Moon book I got free when I bought a digicam. I was reading the first chapter, though, when I fell asleep on the couch. Ack!

Then I woke up to a chorus of delighted shouts from the neighbors. I knew it. I didn't have to open my eyes anymore to know that electricity had been restored.

I wonder why our electricity was never cut during the more fatal Typhoon Ondoy, and was surprisingly cut during Typhoon Santi. Oh, anyway, I just hope no typhoon would hit the country anymore this year. It's already November and Christmas is so near. I hope the flood victims would be spared from any more floods so they could at least save up something for the Christmas. I know most of them are out of work, yea. But still, it's better if no more typhoon would hit us anytime soon.

0 comments :: Meralco! Yay!

Related Posts with Thumbnails