Ang Baha sa Third World

If typhoon Ondoy didn't bring so much devastation to the country, I'm sure everyone would already be talking about Christmas. After all, it's less than three months away.

But instead of shopping for the holidays, as we always do as soon as the "ber-months" start, we now shop for either relief goods (for those who have money to share) or extra groceries for the pantry to prepare for the worse that could happen.

As far as I can remember before Ondoy reached us, news about electricity crisis was the thing that bothered me and my mom. Brownouts are so bad for the business it would really affect our family's income.

But our fears are now diverted to the flood. We now don't fear brownouts anymore. At least for now.

But with all that the people in the flooded area has lost, what's a little brownout a day for us, 'di ba?

I hope the flood will subside soon and that no more typhoon gives us flood anymore this year. Malapit na ang Pasko. Even if my heart melts to the thought of how those who have lost what they have in the flood could celebrate Christmas, I think a typhoon-less Christmas would already be a great gift to all of us in the Philippines.

Meanwhile, I can't help but get a little... mad... at one of the fashion bloggers I admire. You know, blogging away as if nothing bad is happening to the Philippines is okay if you're not a Filipino. But for a Filipino blogger to keep on blogging about fashion week without even a mention of care about the victims of Ondoy is... (for me) brutal.

I know that he's not so proud of the third world that he comes from. But please, show some care naman. Nakakakilabot basahin mga post mo. Okay lang sana if there's at least one post showing concern.

But then again, baka naman nag-donate na s'ya to the flood victims of the third world.

Sana.

0 comments :: Ang Baha sa Third World

Related Posts with Thumbnails