Effing Printer

I spent a good portion of my morning working around my dirty (look at the dust) printer. I needed to print something but my printer gave back a "paper jam" error message. There was no paper jam. And the printer was so noisy the cartridge kept sliding to and fro. I did everything from restarting my computer to unplugging the printer cables (power and usb) to no avail.


I almost gave up. I was thinking of either having it repaired or buying a new one with CIS technology. I was browsing online for printer prices when I heard the familiar sound of an "okay" printer. That sound it makes when you've just plugged it in; like it was preparing itself for some good printing. I crouched under my desk (yes it's under, in an improvised shelf under the keyboard) to look at it. The light was not blinking anymore. Sheesh! Was I happy.

And then I realized I haven't had breakfast yet. I started working with the printer 7:30 am. It repaired itself 10:45 am. Sigh.

Anyway, it's an HP Deskjet D2460, and it has been my slave for 2 years now. Not bad to let it rest already but I'm thankful it's still okay.

I don't really wanna spend on anything if I can help it.

0 comments :: Effing Printer

Related Posts with Thumbnails