How's Your Sunday?

My Sundays are usually uneventful. I try to rest and pamper myself just to prep me up for another week.

But yesterday wasn't the case. It started so early when I found myself staring at my old CPU that I haven't used for quite some time now. My eyes then wandered to a bunch of old video cards, a mobo, and some old hard disks. I'm a gamer and I've accumulated those through years of experimenting mostly on video cards.

After cleaning the CPU with an air pump (for the airbed I used to have) outside the house (it was so full of dust, I'm telling you, especially the PSU), I tested the video cards. I put them one by one in the AGP slot (it's that old I know) to see if it would give some display on the monitor. I found an old FX 5500 still running. It's 512 MB so it would be just okay for some java websites. I was planning to give the CPU to my nephew so he could have an extra (he's also a gamer).

All the hard disks were fine (they were 2 pcs 20 GB, 2 pcs 40 GB, and 1 80 GB - all serial) so I replaced the 20 GB that was installed to the 80 GB. At that point, with all the hard disks, I was planning to just use it myself and download all the American television shows that I like. LOL!

But then while installing Windows XP, the PSU burnt out. It won't start now. And it's a Thermaltake. Ohgawd...

It's so pricey I don't think I would like to buy a replacement.

It was almost 4 pm when the PSU gave up on me. At least I still have a few more hours to yoga.

Talk about a productive Sunday turned useless.

0 comments :: How's Your Sunday?

Related Posts with Thumbnails