Scabies and Santa Costume

An old lady talked to me yesterday while I was waiting to be assisted at Animal House in Bicutan. Princess was in her bag and since I'm already used to people coming up to me to ask about Princess, I smiled at the old lady when she approached me to ask for Princess's age. I told her the age (2 and a half), and she said her shih tzu was 10. I got kinda excited because I also want Princess to stay with us for as long as her little body would allow (reason for the paranoia everytime she gets sick). But the old lady said her dog has skin problems.

As if on cue, the groomer came out of the lab carrying her 10-year-old dog. I was shocked. The dog's body, shaved so close to skin, was full of scabies, scattered parts were even bleeding. I didn't wanna be rude but I immediately kept distance, went to the secretary even if it wasn't my turn yet. They knew me there, anyway. And I pleaded to get inside the office just to get Princess away from the dog with skin disease. From what I've heard and read, scabies are infectious. And there's no way I would allow scabies on Princess!

Nika, the kind secretary, let me inside the small office. She somehow sensed I was already freaking out inside. I immediately went to business cuz I wanted to get out of the clinic already. The lady with the sick shih tzu was still talking to the vet and looked like she had no plans of leaving.

I asked for the costume (for Princess, of course) I wanted to buy and Nika was so kind that she let me in the lab so I could fit the costume on Princess. The groomer, though, the one who handed the sick shih tzu to the old lady, offered assistance. I made him disinfect first before letting him handle Princess. And I knew better than to put Princess on top of the lab table. She remained in the bag while fitting.

I swear the experience made me realize that Princess could get diseases in grooming centers. I better learn how to groom her myself.

Anyway, this is the costume:



0 comments :: Scabies and Santa Costume

Related Posts with Thumbnails